Perhaps.. the lack of writing here means I am living more of my life, rather than being alone, and writing about my whereabout. Well, yes, I am living my life, and no, nothing much interesting going on in 2017 except for glorious travel year. Love, work, personal development, financial and even familial relationship sucks. Terribly.
Let’s recap on my 2017 resolution and how much (or less) I have achieved it.
- Getting serious with my 20-weeks training plan. I need to complete SCKLM 2017 in 6 hours and 30 mins. The marathon is in May and my training start on the 2nd January 2017. This is a joke. I DNS, and ditched the whole marathon ideas this year.
- Getting back to that crossfit. I want to condition my body to go back to that fit iDa. Fitness activities include getting better and stretchable in hot yoga. Dance passionately in the dance class. Learn the skill of trail running. and to reduce down to 18% body fat. Phew. Yes, I need to achieve this in 2017! I didn’t get back to crossfit but I do, more HIIT workout and been religiously going to spinning class! 2017 hype- ya’ll. On top of that, I followed one of my director for off-road cycling. crazy 55km off-road, and those MARDI-MAEPS downhills.
- Professional wise, I got to fill those knowledge gap and perfect my professional ethics to become a great landscape architect. I need to get those certification and to be recognise in the industry. I need to take that exam no matter what. Either to appeal, or to get oversea masters’ degree that they recognised. Well, this is a struggle, and I can only get certification and green light to take exam after 10 years upon graduation. So they say, this time. Sigh.
- Get migration thingy to work on. Australia or New Zealand perhaps? I don’t mind London as well, but since the Brexit, might affect the opportunity to migrate there. I need to keep the option open. I don’t mind oversea projects as well, even if I am based in KL. I need to go and spread my wings, in the international level. Like, seriously looking at any opportunity. I am game. Still looking, and researching.
- Travel. and travel. At least, exploring one europe country. Or Turkey. Or Sydney. Or Hokaido. But yes, keeping the momentum going. I want to explore London and it’s surrounding area. OK, Turkey plan didn’t materialise due to the bombing scare, but.. I went to UK for my birthday !! I explored London, Edinburgh and English Countryside (Stanton, Bourton-on-the-Water, Oxford, etc). Explored Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam during raya, Bandung Indonesia in October, Batam Indonesia in september, oh, ran 21km for Singapore Sundown Marathon in March, and… Hawaii, USA in december!!
- Saving, and saving for property. A place to call my own (if I decided to stay, if not.. then, saving for future). Still, am looking at Mont Kiara/Hartamas/Damansara Heights area. I am financially incapable to raise fund for housing downpayment this year due to no. 5. On top of that, I got no bonuses, no increment etc. So, yeah.
- Eat healthily . Reduce carbs and sugar. More veggie/fruits and white meat. I want to get that curve back. I feel unhealthy now. I am eating healthily now! Yes!
- To be passionate in everything I do. To be more outgoing, more pleasant, more talkative, and engaging socially. To be more friendly, and outgoing. I think this one need to carry to 2018.
- I want to be more fashionable. Need to take care of the appearance, hair, face, clothes, self grooming,even for work. To look sharp, polished, and professional. But sometime I need to look stunning, and provocatively sensual. Wink. Maybe need to start investing into some haute couture accessories. Signature handbag, or manolo blank heels? Groom hair, clean face, great smile, manicured brow, short nail, perfect body. Ok this require hard work, but let’s aim for this. I want to look more professional when am working. After all, am in the senior position now; next jump of work I should be a director and/or an associate already. So need to dress like one. Ripped jeans, tee, and messy hair. Gah!
- To love myself more. To open the option of possibilities. and beyond. This is hard.
You see, I don’t achieve much of what I planned for 2017. This year, I’ve been busy learning, and doing things the right way of working as a landscape architect. I did a lot of drafting too. Sometimes I’m confused on whether am I a landscape architect or a draught-person. Oh well.
Okay what I want to achieve in 2018:
- To raise enough fund to buy my first property. I have cleared my education loan, need to sell all my stock market shares and trust fund for the downpayment.
- I need to settle my income-tax too, Urgh.
- I need to do some reflection on my current working position. Is this where I want to be? Can I sustain financially with a stagnant pay but with an ever increasing inflation rate in Malaysia. 4.3% as of November 2017? Do I need to jump again, and how is the current construction industry market forecast for 2018? Think. Observe.
- To maintain the current regular-workout, and to eat healthily. I still want to lose weight and get back to my old size. Perhaps 2 size smaller than now.
- To do full health screening sometime next year, I need to go and see Gynae.
- Travel and more travel next year! I need to save for 2019 New York trip too !
- No 4, 8 and 9 carry forward from 2017.
- To be financially independent, and able to pay everything on my own.
- To slowly let go, and love myself more. and, to open up myself. I have ‘fuck-off’ sign on my forehead for the past 2 years. I need to take down that sign now. It is going to be extremely hard, but I need to try, I got to try.
God bless, and god speed.
Happy new year 2018, may the new year bring more happiness, wealth and prosperity to everyone of you.
I can’t wait to rock 2018 ! I love 2017, partly due to the travel, and exploring new places, other than that, life sucks.
iDa & #stickythecat